Gertrude/ Nerthus's kilde

Gertrude's kilde in the snow last week

Well, we've been having a great time with the Gertrude spring - now known as the Nerthus/ Gertrude spring. Interestingly it's been covered up for winter (at least I'm guessing that's why) with a wooden board. Interestingly, as I read that Nerthus is traditionally a veiled goddess. One suggestion I read is that she is a goddess who should only be approached by those who are ready. Well, what it actually said is that she is a goddess only for initiated/ by this I took this to mean someone who has already got stuck in to dealing with their 'stuff'' and clearing up their past lives, present life, ancestral healing and so on and so on, so as to not be hit by a big mud slide of emotional and energetic issues when they connected to Nerthus's energies!!)
My lovely friend Lyn has made an essence from the spring, which I've been taking for the last few weeks. Before I started taking it I 'tuned in' and got these impressions and images.

Deep dark and powerful.
The magic of creation.
Goddess dancing in the ancient starry skies.
Silence reigns in the pause of creation
for the dark night of the soul.
This essence is all encompassing and will hold every aspect of your being (helping you feel held throughout the process) A holding energy, keeping the process and you together whilst it takes place.
Deep dark earth (nordic) goddess. Understands women's mysteries.
It is the Alpha to the Omega.
Primordial goddess/ Nerthus?
Mystery not to be understood (& can't be) also makes me think of the veil aspect..
Starry skies as a crown around her head.
Giver of life/ birthing grain etc.
Also takes the dead back home.
"through the depths the heights of heaven can be reached/ the starry skies are my crown, whilst my feet are planted in the earth." Template of the goddess/ The New Human Being.
She was before the material earth.
Healing the primordial/ original wound (separation from the Divine)
she can weave us back together with our original/ divine selves and makes us as one again. Sarah can instigate this process in her role of 'Sarah integrates' but she doesn't have to be the one that carries it out. Roskilde is a journey to 'enlightenment' (or oneness/ integration) for spiritual seekers.
"Blessings to all, I am she of the well. Deep from within the earth does this well spring from, deep in the hidden, mysterious and unseen places; & so can I then inhabit the water, even though I have come from after and exist within each of you in the deep dark mysterious and hidden places of your subconscious. I am that deep dark hidden place of mystery and raw power where you visit to create from/ a new life for yourself or a new phase. Now I come to help earth in a new phase of human evolution, an ancient goddess born again into the new age. But first you must die to your old selves. I too can help in this process. Not a physical death will I ensue, but that of your old self and help you be born again into the sparkling light. These things are a mystery and so I am, was and will be. All things will come again, blessed be, blessed be, blessed be, amen."
I had a clear image of the word Nerthus in my head when I brought all this through, although I knew little about her then. Afterwards, I did a bit of research and found that she fit very much with what I had brought through. I found her to be a very peaceful, strong and deep energy.
I also had the thought that to take a life issue that you wanted help with and write it down, (after praying to her first and telling her about your situation, honestly with your whole heart, holding nothing back) and then burn and drop into some of the spring water would be a powerful way of working with Nerthus's magic.
After using the essence for a few weeks, I've got this,
"gives you the ability to stay with the dark night of the soul and draw out its gifts"
Blessed Be!!

Rachel Goodwin is a channel and energy healing who works to bring through the teachings of the Ascended master sarah http://sarayei.com/

Comments

Popular Posts