I'm a closet ribbon tie-er!!!

I've been busy since I saw you last!!
isn't this tree just beautiful?!! I think the energy space it's in is quite special too!!
















I've visited 2 more springs, and for my own personal attainment goals, I've tied my first ribbon by Sarah's spring (drum roll please.................) I love to tie ribbons on special trees or bushes in and around sacred places. It feels very 'divine feminine' (it's a womanly thing isn't it?!!) and very natural to do in places like Glastonbury, but somewhere where it's not common practice? It took a bit of courage!! I loitered around until I thought I had a moment of privacy (all the springs are pretty much in public places or next to walkways) and very fast, tied the ribbon on. I'm not the bravest when it comes to these things, and danish people are very interested in what each other are doing, and quite happy to stop and stare and ask you exactly what you think you're doing if they so feel like it?!!


I tied my first ribbon in Roskilde!!

Sunset viewed from our apartment
But I so wanted to, to me it honours the sacred energy of a place, and speaks of a devotion, a love and caring for the nature spirits that live there. On the practical side, there's no law (well, not that I know of!!) of tying ribbons onto trees or bushes. But it also shows a presence of something other than the 'indigenous' population. Yes, people 'like me' are here, alive well and not (completely) mad!!!
I had a favourite tree in a wood I went to in Surrey, a really old and knarled beech tree, that I used to call Grandmother beech. I don't have any grandparents (or parents come to that) that are alive in real life, so I used to go and talk to her when I needed a wise elder (see the not completely mad!!) and I would get wonderful help and advice. Sometimes just an overwhelming feeling of love and support. Over a number of years I tied ribbons on there. I could even climb up into the centre of the tree (I got caught once by a dog walker - that was embarrassing!!) I did love that tree!!
The last few times I went there, I saw that someone else had started tying ribbons. I was so happy I cried!!!
For years now I've been carrying around ribbons with me in my handbag, and if I'm in a special place and there's an appropriate tree to tie it on........... I've tied ribbons all around the world. I keep bits of ribbons whenever I come across them, I can't remember where half the time, but I do manage to accumulate quite a few without ever actually buying any ribbons; something else which I also love, being able to recycle things and use them for something beautiful!!!
Of course, I can imagine that there are people in the world who might think it is a less than beautiful practice, but I'm afraid I'm compelled, what to do?!!
The day after I did the 'tying' there were storms for days and days. Hurricane winds ripped through Roskilde, and it rained and the winds howled. I went for a walk, and there was my little flash of red, just above the spring, oh joy and happy days!!
This is my second ribbon, a quieter affair behind the Rektorkilden, a beautiful little spring..

And here's a little video of the Rektorkilden (OK, to many not the most exciting, but to those of us who get 'high' on spring energies, it has a lovely little charm!! http://youtu.be/NMCpZ3C2x3I

I have some pictures of the new springs I've visited, but I think I'll have to save them for another time, as the evening is running out of hours, and it's definitely time for a cup of chamomile tea!!!

Bright blessings,
Rachel.




Comments

Popular Posts